FASST Impact Adventure Peg–Shock/Vibration Pegs
A larger platform —112mm x 60mm —with better peg traction & much improved comfort in addition to easier replacement parts means that this peg will stay for the life of your bike.
The Impact Adventure Peg, Patent # US 6390488, accomplishes this through the whole structure of the peg by having the body of the peg fixed to the motorcycle isolated from the cleat (The Cleat is the area where you rest your foot on the peg) by Elastomer (an elastic polymer that has a rubbery feel).
So the body of the peg which is metal and the cleat which is also metal sandwich elastomer layer in between that basically absorbs vibrations and impacts during your ride…impressive hhh
Resulting in the rider experiencing less vibration and abuse transferred to the foot. With the Impact Adventure Peg you’ll have more leverage while your foot stays better planted, resulting in your feet, ankles, and knees feeling better at the end of a long day on the bike.
How does it perform?
Proofed out in the notoriously choppy, teeth chattering, West Rim in Southern Utah. The perfect proving ground for the Impact Peg, as often riders feet vibrate or bounce off of the pegs from the continual chatter. With the Impact Peg the harshness of the rocks was squelched, the riders feet stayed planted, and the brutality of the notorious chop was tamed. Further, the slick rock drops provided the perfect opportunity to test the how the Impact Peg performed on massive impacts. Our test riders repeatedly launched big rocks to flat landings, noticing none of the sharp pain or sting shooting through their feet to their lower back as they would with any other peg.
What is the Impact Moto Peg made out of?
Both the cleat and the base are made out of 7075 T6 aluminum, providing the best structural integrity and wear resistance. The cleat is 112mm long by 60mm wide to provide a large platform with extra leverage often needed on large adventure bikes. The base is shot peened and anodized, while the cleat is hard anodized for wear resistance. 10.9 bolts secure the cleat to the base, making the Impact Peg not only the best performing, but the strongest aluminum peg on the market.
Currently we offer the Adventure Impact Pegs for all KTM Adventure bikes, old chassis KTM/Husqvarnas (pre ’16) dirt bikes, Husqvarna 701, new chassis KTM/Husq dirt bikes, Honda Africa Twin and Yamaha Super Tenere. We should have Adventure Pegs available for BMW and Triumph in the near future.
– Absorbs vibration and abuse.
– The cleat is isolated from touching metal to metal through our base elastomer on the bottom, and cup elastomers on top. The elastomer absorbs vibration allowing your feet to remain better planted on the pegs. High-frequency abuse like spikes, jolts, and bumps are dramatically reduced through the cushion of the elastomer.
– Exceptional traction
– A combination of our tooth profile coupled with minimized vibration, and larger platform (112mm x 60mm,) literally grabs hold of the bottom of your boot.
– Hard Anodized 7075 T6 Aluminum
– Provides exceptional construction, strength, and wear resistance.
– Down and back.
– The KTM Impact Adventure Peg for the 690/701/950/990/1090/1190/1290 and old chassis dirt bikes are a 1/2″ down and back to open ergos, providing more room on the bike.